Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Catching up...

So, it's been a while since I last posted... A lot has happened, both good and bad, but here's the breakdown of what I lernd over past few months (in no particular order):
  1. Last minute trips overseas are fun! (We won a trip to Koln, Germany for the WGC).
  2. My instincts are pretty keen (Long story, but always trust your heart).
  3. I'm gonna get the flu no matter what I do.
  4. No matter how stressful your day has been, listening to what your family accomplished will calm your nerves.
  5. "Change" is not always immediate or for the better... Changes for the "greater good" will not always include you or I, and "the greater good" is not always "best for everyone".
  6. "Sick at home" is not a fun way to spend New Year's Eve (though it's much more bearable when you're with those you love).
  7. Paulownia trees do indeed grow back when you cut them down to the ground.
  8. Container gardens do not keep out rats (lost my whole garden and various items in my garage to them).
  9. Pho is right up there with chicken and matzah ball soup and when you're feeling ill (especially the spicy stuff).
  10. My son loves trains, cars, Cars, shoes, bears, lipstick (he likes being kissed), "Rock & Roll", and really wants to ride a bicycle and a horse and/or one of our dogs.
  11. Insurance companies take forever (I personally don't recommend Balboa) and are not worth it.
  12. Sites like Instructables.com and MakeZine.com are inspiring me to learn and do more.
  13. I want to accomplish a lot more than I seem to have time for (is this what retirement is for?).
  14. CFL bulbs contain a treasure trove of electronics inside their bases.
  15. Karma works.
Hopefully I'll be able to post a bit more often from here on out...
Enjoy!

No comments: